We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Apples are a storehouse of vitamins and minerals that are essential for the normal functioning of the body of an adult and a child. In some cases, doctors recommend eating apples even for medicinal purposes - they contain a lot of iron.
Most of all, gardeners value varieties that have excellent taste and require minimal maintenance. This is exactly what the Korobovka apple variety belongs to. We will figure out how to grow a beautiful and healthy tree and achieve the maximum yield in the article.
- Description of the variety
- Advantages and disadvantages of the apple tree
- Planting and leaving
- Diseases and pests of the apple tree
Description of the variety
The apple tree of this variety is quite tall, reaching 3-5 meters in height. The lifespan is quite long, it is possible to collect fruits for 50 years or more. For the first 10 years, the crown is actively growing and developing, but then the growth stops almost completely. How much the tree has grown during this period, it will remain so in the future.
The branches are usually slightly curved, the leaves are dense, rounded.
In order for the tree to be beautiful and neat, you need to devote some time to caring for it. During active growth, you need to periodically prune the crown, thin out the branches, prune annual growths with a secateurs. The maximum number of apples that can be harvested from one tree is 70 kg. Young trees bear fruit every year, older ones - in periods.
Advantages and disadvantages of the apple tree
Like any other variety, the Korobovka apple tree has a number of advantages and disadvantages that you need to know before you start it on your own plot.
The advantages of the variety include:
- The variety tolerates both high temperatures and severe frosts. As for the temperature, this apple tree is not afraid of anything.
- There are no special requirements for the soil, the tree will grow in almost any soil.
- The fruits taste just great: they are sweet, with a pronounced honey flavor. This is the peculiarity of the variety.
- Due to the dense leaves, the apple tree practically does not have sunburn.
- Knots break off very rarely, so there will be no permanent debris under the tree.
The variety also has disadvantages:
- The variety is self-fertile.
- Small apples. The average fruit diameter is only 4-5 cm, and the weight is about 40 grams.
- The variety has no immunity to the moth, so it will be necessary to additionally pickle the trees.
- Only by assessing the advantages and disadvantages of the variety, and comparing them with your own expectations, you can understand whether it is worth planting a tree on your site.
Until full ripening, the fruits keep perfectly on their legs, they do not crumble for no apparent reason. The acid inherent in most varieties disappears almost immediately. Because of this, you can eat them even when the apples are not yet fully ripe. Ripe fruits are considered from mid-July. But, this variety has a rather soft pulp, so they are poorly stored.
Planting and leaving
Despite the fact that the apple tree does not require special care, knowing some of the secrets of cultivation will greatly facilitate the life of the gardener, and improve the yield. It is recommended to plant the box in the soil either in the fall or at the beginning of spring. Since trees of this type are unpretentious, you can choose almost any place.
The main thing is that there are pollinators nearby, because due to the self-sterility of the tree, it simply will not bring a crop. So that the seedling takes root faster and better in a new place, it should be watered regularly. If the soil is poor in minerals and other nutrients, you can feed the tree with fertilizers when planting. If the soil is normal, then there is no need for fertilizer.
Video about the apple variety Korobovka:
For the cold season, the root system must be additionally wrapped. Thus, you will be able to avoid frost breaks. In early spring, when the tree has just begun to wake up, it is recommended to treat the apple tree with special chemicals that will help prevent the appearance and reproduction of parasites. In addition to these simple actions that are familiar to every gardener, there is no need to carry out additional activities.
Diseases and pests of the apple tree
The apple variety Korobovka is relatively resistant to various pests, but from time to time it still succumbs to attacks by insects or fungal diseases. Particular attention should be paid to trees during rainy and wet seasons: autumn and spring.
Scabs and stalks most often attack the plant precisely during the period of its fruiting. There are several ways to deal with them:
- Organophosphorus-containing chemicals manage to destroy hatched caterpillars even before they reach the fruit.
- Cyhalothrins, which are often used by experienced gardeners, will help great.
- Pyrethroid drugs
- Preparations based on biological substances
- Which chemical to choose depends on the purpose and preferences of the grower.
The apple variety Korobovka is an unpretentious plant that, with proper care, will give you a good harvest of tasty and aromatic apples.